My mantra: Do stuff and enjoy the simple things!
I have been nominated for the sunshine award!
For those who doesn’t know what the sunshine award is, let me explain…
|This award was created by bloggers for bloggers. There is no actual award to win at the end, but it’s a true recognition in the blogosphere. When someone gives you an award, it’s their way of saying: “Your blog is great everybody should know about it”. Through the questions that comes along with the award, you can instantly have an overview of what’s the blog is about.|
1. Describe your blog in 3 words using nouns (a person, a place and a thing)
A person: Any confident and kind person who aspires to be the best version of themselves.
A place: The beach is my happy place.
A thing:… laptop?
2. Who is your favorite blogger?
I have a lot I love blogs, that’s why I started blogging actually! Here are the ones that come in mind:
Le monde est à nous: The french boho lifestyle blog of Marie-Laure Daillut.
Bytezza: the rock and roll 6 feet tall artist, I love her pictures.
Travelettes: group of female travelers, writers and photographers.
Ready gypsy Go: If you don’t know what a gypset lifestyle is, go check this blog.
Audrie Storme: The ultimate modern & free-spirited California girl.
Ladyslider: Surf, photography & wanderlust.
3. If you had another blog, what would you write about?
Blogging and digital marketing! I have been learning a lot since I started the blog, and I know it can be confusing, so I have an ebook coming about blogging 101. If the ebook is a sucess I can eventually start a dedicated blog: Blogging for rookies.
4, Do you collect anything during your travels?
Pictures, they make the best memories and take less physical space: handy when you travel a lot.
5. Where did you go on your first trip and how old were you?
My first trip on my own was to Strasbourg, France at 19. I spent a month in the lovely capital of Alsace, and I loved it. I have been to vineyards, Colmar, Kehl (the closest city in Germany), Alsace villages, and…. Paris for the first time.
6. What’s your favorite destination and why?
I am very bad at picking favourites, I like so many places for very different reasons. But if I have to choose I would say Bali. I visited the island of gods for the first time in 2010, that’s where I got the travel bug. The lush rice fields are breathtaking and the beaches are gorgeous. But what I really like, is the surfer lifestyle, mixed with the local spiritual mindset of gratitude and life balance.
7. What’s your travel style?
I love minimalist style with a Bohemian chic touch. It can seem contradictory since bohemian fashion is all about maximalism, but it works for me. A white shirt, a pair of jeans, fringed boots and a fedora are a perfect match: versatile, comfortable and timeless.
8. If you can describe your blog in 3 words what would they be?
Definitely: Bohemian, wanderlust and beachlife.
9. Currently, what’s your most popular article and why do you think it’s popular?
Surprisingly it’s the one I recently posted about dropping my corporate career to travel the world as a digital nomad: here. I thought it wouldn’t be something new, since a lot of people already done that, but I guess it still inspires to think of an alternative way of life.
10. 3 random facts about yourself
#I am a natural morning person… I usually wake up at 6am (don’t hate me!)
#I can touch my nose with my tongue (but I look ridiculous doing it !)
#I am obsessed with all things coconut: in my food, on my skin, as a perfume, in my smoothies… I can eat coconut all day everyday and coconut oil is practically my only skincare routine.
Zineb from Bibouzi
Kenzy from Kenzywho
Hasina from The tropical nomad
Marta from Surfragette
ME-LINA from Aboutboho
1. Describe your blog in 3 words
2. What was the defining moment that made you start blogging?
3. What is one piece of advice you would give your younger self?
4. If you could pack and go right this minute where would it be?
5. What do you do to unwind in your daily me-time?
6. How would you describe your fashion style?
7. Do you prefer classical blog layouts (article after article) or grid features?
8. Who is your regular photographer?
9. Who is your favourite blogger?
10. What is your favourite workout?
#Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
#Answer the questions set by the person who nominated you
#Nominate other blogs and give them questions to answer
#Notify your nominees through social media or commenting on their blog
#List the “rules” and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post
xo xo Dalal